Key Pictures Ltd. is pleased to announce the world broadcast premiere of the new 4-part documentary series, Inside The Cryptokingdom, co-directed by award-winning filmmakers Simon Hipkins and Charly W. Feldman. The series dives into the crypto kingdom to understand the technology behind it all, and shows us why we should all care about how this technology develops.
Filmmakers Simon Hipkins and Charly W. Feldman are best known for (Documentaries: Sisters of the Blood Feud (2017), Another News Story (2017), The Talwars: Behind Closed Doors (2017).
The current hype about bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies as millions are made and lost make for great headlines, but misses the far more interesting story about the technology that allows them to exist – namely blockchain or decentralized applications. Just as it’s difficult to do anything without the internet today, in 10 years we might very well be saying the same thing about blockchain.
The series travels through a landscape where the virtual and the physical intertwine, where seemingly abstract concepts like bitcoin, cryptocurrency, blockchain have inspired millennials, libertarians, financiers and entrepreneurs to throw themselves into the technology and explore its potential for the future. Some see it as a revolution, others see the prospect of great profits, and many get lost in between – prey to scams, hacks, or naiveté. We travel across Latin America, Asia and Europe in search of the truth behind the hype and to talk to some of the pioneers behind this technological phenomenon.
Episode 1 – The Genesis Synopsis: What is Bitcoin? We go back to the day Satoshi Nakamoto proposed a radical new form of electronic money. In the wake of a devastating financial crisis, an ecosystem would soon emerge across the globe. TV Broadcast: Tuesday, December 4, 2018 @ 8PM SGT on Channel NewsAsia Online Release: Tuesday, November 27, 2018
Episode 2 – The Cryptocurrency Gold Rush Synopsis: We dive into crypto-mania as the value of Bitcoin skyrocket in a crypto-wild west, and the world goes mad for the huge profits to be made. Is there no limit to where crypto could go next? TV Broadcast: Tuesday, December 11, 2018 @ 8PM SGT on Channel NewsAsia Online Release: Tuesday, December 4, 2018
Episode 3 – In Code We Trust Synopsis: With bitcoin, came blockchain technology – a tool to decentralise all sorts of things beyond currency. But will it radically transform the way we live, or simply make existing systems more efficient? TV Broadcast: Tuesday, December 18, 2018 @ 8PM SGT on Channel NewsAsia Online Release: Tuesday, December 11, 2018
Episode 4 – The Machine Ordered Universe Synopsis: Pioneers of blockchain technology and cryptocurrencies have bold visions of an increasingly virtual future. Will it be a tech-rich utopia? The science-fiction future may be closer than we realise. TV Broadcast: Tuesday, December 25, 2018 @ 8PM SGT on Channel NewsAsia Online Release: Tuesday, December 18, 2018
The series is airing on Channel NewsAsia on Tuesday, December 4, 2018 at 8:00 pm SGT. The documentary series will also be available to watch online worldwide at channelnewsasia.com/news/video-on- demand/inside-the-cryptokingdom, starting November 27, 2018.
- 4-part Documentary series about the Technology Behind Cryptocurrency Premieres online – December 10, 2018
- Local Community in Belgium wants to Unite all Positive Forces with Province-wide LumbU coin – December 9, 2018
- Filmio about to Take Filmmaking into the Future with Tokenized Entertainment Ecosystem – December 7, 2018
- December Cryptocurrency Predictions Report is Cautiously Positive, while some Coins Continue to drop, Others are Expected to Recover – December 6, 2018
- “Blockchain for Europe” Launched by Leading Global Blockchain Companies – December 4, 2018
- G20 leaders call for taxation system of cryptocurrency – December 3, 2018
- Grand Finale Week of Block.one’s EOS Global Hackathon Kicks Off in Cape Town, set to award US$500,000 to winning team – December 3, 2018
- UTRUST announces Partnership with Payrexx to Change European Crypto-Payment Landscape to User Friendly Platform – November 29, 2018
- SportsFix to launch 150,000 Crypto Wallets with ProximaX – November 27, 2018
- London Block Exchange and AlphaPoint Mined First Digital Pound Sterling Ever – November 27, 2018
- Swytch announces Launch of Secure AI-Powered Renewable Energy Platform on Blockchain – November 26, 2018
- All Star Team Announces WHIRL, a Socially Driven ‘Pay it Forward’ Crowdfunding Platform Built on the Blockchain – November 22, 2018
- A Review of this weeks Market Collapse, this was one of the Most Dramatic Daily Selloffs in The Entire Year. – November 21, 2018
- Blockchain New Foundation of Democracy? Blockchain Based Voting app VOATZ could Lead the Way – November 20, 2018
- Switcheo Network Launches First Exchange to Support both NEO and Ethereum blockchains. – November 20, 2018
- Datametrex and Nexalogy Environics develop Fake News Detection Filter – November 19, 2018
- Kinesis Money and Allocated Bullion Exchange seek to create a commercial blockchain venture with Jakarta Futures Exchange in Indonesia – November 16, 2018
- Transform Group CEO Michael Terpin Named one of the Most Respected ICO Advisors and Influencers – November 10, 2018
- WISeKey Announces Release of WISePhone, the First Ever Secure Android Blockchain Phone with Cryptocurrency Payment Capabilities – November 9, 2018
- WISeKey Announces WISfans, a Platform that Deters Counterfeiting of Branded Sports merchandise and Connects Clubs with their Fans – November 8, 2018
View All Articles