Leading digital asset trading platform Bitfinex and Connamara, a provider of matching engine technology for startups and frontier exchanges, announced on Monday the release of a Financial Information eXchange (FIX) digital asset gateway.
The two companies aim to deliver an open-source solution for professional traders seeking to enter the digital asset markets. With the FIX gateway’s launch, Connamara and Bitfinex intend to improve access to digital asset liquidity for brokers, institutions and professional traders internationally, according to a statement.
Established in the early 1990s, the FIX digital access gateway is considered an industry standard for electronic communication protocols for data transfers between financial institutions, a statement explained. As a non-proprietary protocol, FIX is a common language used by existing institutional client systems.
Bitfinex selected Connamara Systems, who it called a “proven expert in FIX protocol,” to assist with the technology’s design and development.
“We are proud to be able to provide next-level access to global cryptocurrency markets,” said Paolo Ardoino, Bitfinex CTO. “We aim to combine Connamara’s financial technology expertise with our experience to improve the efficiency of digital asset markets and allow for streamlined access to cryptocurrency trading.”
Daniel Curry, head of business development at Connamara, said Bitfinex has been “a pioneering firm” in the digital asset markets since 2012.
The construction of the FIX gateway is entirely open-source, transparent and available for the greater community to contribute to, representatives said.
Founded in 2012, Bitfinex is a digital asset trading platform offering services for digital currency traders and global liquidity providers.
Connamara Systems provides commercial support for all versions of QuickFIX, an open source technology that practices agile software development and project management methods.
- Bitfinex Teams up with Connamara for FIX Digital Asset Gateway Release – May 17, 2018
- IBM and Global Citizen Partner on Donation-Tracking Blockchain Platform – May 15, 2018
- Pioneering De Beers Blockchain Pilot Tracks Diamonds From Mine to Retail Outlet – May 11, 2018
- How Widespread is Cryptocurrency Ownership? Survey – May 10, 2018
- Gartner Survey Reveals Death of Current Blockchain Deployments – May 9, 2018
- Blockpass Partners with Scottish University for Research Lab – May 4, 2018
- Ripple Adds Five New xVia Customers to Global Payments Network – May 3, 2018
- WISeKey Partners With SAT to Expand Presence in Middle East – May 3, 2018
- One in Five Financial Firms Considering Crypto Trading: Thomson Reuters Survey – May 2, 2018
- Bitcoin ATM Network Coinsource Partners with Multi-Factor Authenticator Acuant – May 2, 2018
- WISeKey Teams Up with Soul Machines to Develop Humanlike Bot for Security Q&A – May 1, 2018
- Peoplewave Launches ICO Presale for Wavebase HR Platform – April 27, 2018
- Ether Capital Launches on NEO Exchange – April 27, 2018
- Frankl Launches Airdrop for Scientists and Students – April 25, 2018
- Crypto Exchange and Trading Platform VRBex Launches Presale – April 25, 2018
- Former Google Execs Form New Blockchain Alliance – April 23, 2018
- Blackmoon Launches Asset-Management Platform Services – April 20, 2018
- Malta-Based Decentralized Ventures to Spearhead Crypto Island’s Blockchain Services Provision – April 19, 2018
- Project Aiur Seeks to Verify Academic Research With Blockchain & AI – April 17, 2018
- Decentralized Reality Show Seeks Young Entrepreneurs With an Appetite for Disruption – April 16, 2018
- Santander Launches Blockchain-Powered International Money Transfer Service in Four Countries – April 16, 2018
- NetCents Launches Instant Settlements to Fight Market Volatility – April 13, 2018
- New Reports Highlight Blockchain’s Impact on Manufacturing & Supply Chain Logistics – April 13, 2018
- Distributed Storage Solution Oyster Protocol Readies Friday Airdrop for PRL Token Holders – April 13, 2018
- Millennium BlockChain Announces $3M Investment in ImpactPPA’s Renewable Energy Platform – April 12, 2018
- 22 Countries to Establish European Blockchain Partnership – April 11, 2018
View All Articles