The blockchain in healthcare market is expected to reach $890.5 million by 2023. A growth that is primarily attributed to stringent regulations for safeguarding consumer data, increasing funding and investments in the blockchain arena. The adoption of blockchain technology in the healthcare and pharmaceutical industries is also attributing to the growth.
The blockchain in healthcare market is categorized into clinical data applications. Among these applications, the market for clinical data exchange and interoperability is expected to reach more than $400.0 million by 2023. Blockchain technology can potentially transform the way of clinical information, data storage and sharing across healthcare partners, payers, and patients.
The blockchain in healthcare market is classified into pharmaceutical companies, healthcare providers, healthcare payers, and others. Healthcare providers, as an end-user category, are dominating the market and this trend is expected to maintain throughout the forecast period. This can be attributed to the fact that the blockchain technology is globally gaining acceptance among healthcare providers. Technology such as data security and integrity can be credited for this global acceptance, and the general adoption of blockchain in healthcare is only expected to further increase in the coming years.
Geographically, Asia-Pacific (APAC) is anticipated to be the fastest growing blockchain in healthcare market, with at a CAGR of over 70.0% during the forecast period. This fastest growth is primarily attributed to the growing focus on blockchain technology in this region as well as unmet need in areas of clinical data exchange and interoperability, and drug supply chain management. For example, in July 2018, Singapore Innovate Pte. Ltd. (SGInnovate), Singapore’s government-owned technology development firm, invested in MediLOT Technologies, a blockchain and healthcare analytics start-up.
Given the fact that the technology in its nascent stage of development, the companies interested in adopting blockchain technology are partnering and collaborating with various technology providers to exploring the potential applications of the blockchain technology, so that they can streamline their operational processes.
- Blockchain in healthcare market is Expected to Reach $890.5 Million by 2023 due to Increasing Number of Partnerships and Collaborations – February 12, 2019
- Coinify Introduces myCoinify, a B2C service For Individual Traders – February 12, 2019
- Yosemite X has Announced the First Open Source Public Blockchain that Operates without a Native Cryptocurrency – February 8, 2019
- Global Investment Advisory Company says much more Stable STO might merge with, or Entirely Replace IPO – February 8, 2019
- The Chamber of Digital Commerce and Blockchain Association of Canada Join for a Stronger and more Coordinated Blockchain Ecosystem – February 6, 2019
- US Merchants can now Accept Crypytocurrency Payments from their Customers, With Fee Free Cryptocurrency Point of Sale Payment Ecosystem – February 6, 2019
- Former Last.fm’s founder shakes up user privacy access with new Slant on blockchain technology – January 31, 2019
- New Report by BlockchainDefender Links Lack of Trust in Cryptocurrency Industry to Dwindling Coin Prices – January 31, 2019
- VX Network introduces a new Crypto Based, Monopoly-Style Board Game called Crypto Marble – January 30, 2019
- China Ranked first in World of Blockchain and AI Patents Being Filed – USA Runner-up – January 24, 2019
- Block.one Releases EOSIO 1.6.0, Transaction Processing Speeds Could Increase up to 35% – January 24, 2019
- First Cannabis Validation Testing Program Reaches Markets to Create Much Needed Transparency – January 23, 2019
- Eurasian Resources Group is Piloting Blockchain Based Solution on the IBM Blockchain Platform – January 21, 2019
- Coinstar to Give Consumers a Convenient and Easy Way to Buy Bitcoin at Coinstar®Kiosks – January 18, 2019
- Tech Firm IBM and MineHub Join to Build Blockchain-Based Platform for More Efficient Metals & Mining Supply Chain Solution – January 17, 2019
- Former Director of Mobile for TripAdvisor and Viator Joins KeyoCoin Team to Help Build Intuitive Mobile Booking Platform – January 10, 2019
- Project PAI Blockchain Protocol and Blockfolio Signal Beta, Create Platform for AI-Powered 3D Avatars – December 17, 2018
- Nigerian Start-up Announces Revolutionary Global Decentralized Health Platform With A Distributed Blockchain – December 15, 2018
- CEO of Panxora Warns: ‘Draconian’ Regulatory Measures Could Risk Losing Control of Crypto in US – December 13, 2018
- Lancor Scientific Links Use of a Digital Token to Global Blockchain-based Cancer Screening Registry – December 13, 2018
View All Articles