Why Is Delhi Metro Not Assuring to Resume Operation From August?
The reopening of the metro, educational institutions, cinema theatres, gyms, and the resumption of international flights are a few of the issues that the Centre reserved for the third phase of unlocking addressed.
The third phase will begin on 1st August. But it is unlikely that the metro will start anytime soon.
- Reports said no decision had been taken about the resumption of the metro services anywhere in the country.
- Metro service will ruin the focus. The main priority is to focus on containing the virus.
- Delhi is doing very well and also in a good position now in handling the COVID-19 situation. There is no lockdown now. Government buses are plying in a limited capacity. The gains of this period should not be wasted.
- Most of the other cities where metro operations are running under lockdown now. While they will open progressively in August, the resumption of the metro rail services would not be a good idea.
- As Delhi Metro is connected with NCR, especially Noida and Gurgaon, cities under partial lockdown, resuming the metro services will increase lots of concerns, which are not currently preferable.
Delhi Metro Railway Corporation
The Delhi Metro Railway Corporation has already indicated that it can’t repay its loan and has requested it to bail it out. This has happened in history for the first time that Delhi metros have been closed for the past five months.
However, Delhi Metro Railway Corporations (DMRC) sources have said they are ready to resume the metro services. Every day, two trains would be run on a trial.