Leading blockchain technology company AlphaPoint, a company that enables institutions to digitize assets and operate digital asset exchanges globally, has announced plans to launch AlphaPoint Indexes(TM). AlphaPoint Indexes embody the statistical performance of the broadest sector of cryptocurrency markets, while the AlphaPoint Smart Basket(TM) functionality extends the company’s technology leadership in offering digitization and white-label digital asset exchange platforms.
AlphaPoint is creating the definitive source for benchmarking the performance of digital assets. The company’s initial indexes will represent the highest valued cryptocurrencies and the most liquid cryptocurrencies:
- AlphaPoint Leaders Index(TM) (APLDRS(TM)) comprises the largest 8-15 tokens covering approximately 80% of the global cryptocurrency market capitalization. APLDRS will reflect the highest valued crypto assets.
- AlphaPoint Fast Movers IndexTM (APFMRSTM) comprises the top 8-15 tokens by trading volume, covering approximately 80% of global cryptocurrency market volume. APFMRS will reflect the most liquid crypto assets.
In addition to AlphaPoint enabling asset managers and other industry participants to benchmark performance against the broader cryptocurrency market, AlphaPoint Indexes may also be licensed to create derivative products.
Leveraging its AlphaPoint Exchange(TM) product (APEX), AlphaPoint will offer a new capability which will replicate the performance of the underlying AlphaPoint Indexes, enabling exchange operators to create additional products to offer investors. The AlphaPoint Smart Baskets framework will create a token that mirrors the performance of the underlying AlphaPoint Index by automating the simultaneous purchase (bid) or sale (offer) of the net group of cryptocurrencies in the licensed index. Investors, in turn, will be able to actively take broad positions in cryptocurrency markets as a whole, while passively rebalancing their portfolios through the APEX automation process.
“We are excited to offer a transparent, rules-based index which we believe will become the definitive benchmark in the industry. AlphaPoint’s network of customer exchanges is unrivaled and offering data-enabled tools is the next logical arena where we can help institutions drive additional liquidity,” said Salil Donde, AlphaPoint Chief Executive Officer. “Just like our asset digitization and exchange technology, our data-enabled tools will create opportunities for institutions to offer new products and ultimately, for crypto and digital assets to be accessible to a wider set of industry participants.”
Several firms, including DQR and Einstein Exchange, have agreed to partner with AlphaPoint on both the indexes and Smart Basket framework.
“We are glad to have selected AlphaPoint originally for our exchange technology and we are enthusiastic about the launch of the AlphaPoint Indexes, from which we will create investable Smart Basket products that broaden the investment options of our customers. Our customers will benefit from the ability to easily invest in these products via credit card,” said Michael Gokturk, CEO, Einstein Exchange, Canada’s largest digital currency exchange and the only digital currency platform that enables unlimited credit card funding for customers worldwide.
AlphaPoint’s indexes will be available via intraday feeds and updated in real time. The indexes will be rebalanced on a quarterly basis and constituent details, construction, calculation, and rebalancing rules will follow current industry best practices.
AlphaPoint will be sharing more on its vision at TokenFest in Boston, MA. To learn more about AlphaPoint, its upcoming rollout of data and software products, please visit AlphaPoint.com and sign up for our newsletter.
- Pre-registration starts for Mossland’s Virtual Property Auction Game – September 20, 2018
- Semiconductor Industry Most Bullish About Adopting Blockchain according to Accenture Report Finds – September 20, 2018
- Alpha Version of Blokusign Released by Sagewise, First Gmail-Integrated Blockchain-Powered Electronic Signature Tool – September 19, 2018
- Launched by Oneiro, ndau, Globally the First Coin Optimized for Long-term Store of Value – September 19, 2018
- Firms on board with leading digital asset exchange technology provider to launch cryptocurrency benchmarks and Smart Baskets – September 18, 2018
- Firms on board with leading digital asset exchange technology provider to launch cryptocurrency benchmarks and smart baskets – September 18, 2018
- Trust Square expanding to become world’s largest blockchain hub – September 17, 2018
- New way to create return from Crowd Machine compute tokens – September 17, 2018
- ETC has been integrated due to UTRUST partnering with ETCDEV. – September 15, 2018
- Two large scale Blockchain facilities opened by Etix blockchain in Iceland. – September 14, 2018
- Blockchain capabilities upgraded by Waves platform – September 14, 2018
- Innovative blockchain partnership kicked off between Paris Saint-Germain and Socios.com – September 14, 2018
- Cryptocurrency app breaks milestone-downloaded a million times – September 12, 2018
- Liquid, a new crypto platform with access to worldwide crypto exchanges is unveiled by Quoine – September 12, 2018
- Best-in-Class Marketplace for Blockchain Companies and Service Providers launched by Cointopia – September 6, 2018
- Alliance between Fidelity & Blockchain Start-up Building Block REIT – September 6, 2018
- High profile ICO funded company Polybius first to publish audited annual financial reports – September 4, 2018
- Former VP of Tesla Joins Solo Energy to Advise Development of its Virtual Power Plant Technology – September 4, 2018
View All Articles