Concordium, a Danish identity-validating, regulatorily compliant blockchain network, has announced that Anders Fogh Rasmussen, former Secretary-General of NATO and former Prime Minister of Denmark, has joined as a Strategic Advisor.
Lars Seier Christensen, Chairman of Concordium, said:
“Given the enormous scope and far-reaching potential of the Concordium Network, it is essential for the Concordium Foundation to harness the knowledge of those with invaluable in-depth strategic expertise.”
“Anders will play a pivotal role in our global expansion plans to move into areas that require a blockchain solution for secure and private communications, as well as liaising with governmental departments that will benefit from its implementation. Our network will support tamper-proof voting systems to protect the institutions of civil society, which are fundamental to the functioning of democracy. With Anders’ guidance, Concordium is better equipped to become a globally trusted network for secure transactions, most notably by improving the integrity of the voting process,” Christensen continued.
Rasmussen served three terms as Prime Minister of Denmark from 2001 until 2009, and previously held several other high-profile positions in the Danish government, including Minister for Taxation and Minister for Economic Affairs. Following his tenure as Prime Minister, Rasmussen was elected as Secretary-General of NATO, where he served for five years before stepping down in 2014.
Rasmussen is also the Founder and CEO of Rasmussen Global, an international political consultancy dedicated to issues on democracy, transatlantic relations, security policy, economic development, and the European Union. In 2017, he founded the Alliance of Democracies, a non-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of democracy and free markets across the globe.
The Concordium Foundation’s goal is to make the Concordium Network the world’s first ubiquitous, standardized, easy-to-use, and fully compliant blockchain network, designed to provide both a solid store of value and the global backbone for keeping track of the world’s transactions. The Concordium Network features a protocol-layer identity-validating, mechanism, which will ensure that every user on the network is identified, and every transaction involves provenance tracking.
Rasmussen said: “We are only beginning to see the benefits that blockchain technology will bring to our societies, including in our democratic processes. Concordium’s blockchain-based voting solution offers a means of voting that is trustworthy, quick, and cost-effective. I am pleased to be working with Concordium to make sure that every vote is counted.”
For more information, visit https://www.concdordium.com/
- Former Prime Minister of Denmark Joins Blockchain Identity Project Concordium as Strategic Advisor – March 20, 2019
- US National Pork Board and RIPE.IO Partner to Improve Sustainability, Quality, Traceability, Waste and Fraud in the Industry – March 20, 2019
- Sumner Global Launches $100M Securitized Token Offering (STO) in Middle East – March 20, 2019
- Editorial: The Rumours of ICOs’ Death Have Been Greatly Exaggerated – March 18, 2019
- French NCC Deploy IBM Blockchain For Commercial and Corporate Registries – March 15, 2019
- Bcause, To Launch Full-stack Cryptocurrency Ecosystem On Nasdaq – March 13, 2019
- SEC – Ethereum is Not a Security – March 13, 2019
- US Treasury Sanctions One of Russia’s Biggest Commercial Banks Over Backing of Venezuela’s Cryptocurrency, Petro – March 13, 2019
- Fetch.AI Solves ‘Blockchain Trilemma’ with Novel Approach to Reaching Consensus – March 13, 2019
- Boerse Stuttgart Group Cut Deal with solarisBank to Develop Crypto Trading Platform – March 12, 2019
- ECCU Plans to Issue World’s First Blockchain-Based Central Bank Digital Currency in the Caribbean – March 12, 2019
- Blockchain Video Company Linius Connects Prototype to Blockchain-Centric Video Player – March 12, 2019
- Emaar, One of the World’s Largest Property Companies, Plans Loyalty and Referral Token – March 11, 2019
- European Commission Offering 32 Blockchain Startups €200.000 Equity-Free Cash for Citizen Data Control Decentralised Solutions – March 11, 2019
- One of World’s Largest Asset Managers ($2.46 trillion) Fidelity, Launches Bitcoin Service – March 11, 2019
- eToro Officially Launches Crypto Trading Platform & Wallet in the U.S. – March 7, 2019
- Smilo Platform Launches Mainnet – Decentralized, GDPR compliant, Hybrid, Multipurpose – March 7, 2019
- New Research Released on Blockchain and EU Privacy Law Compliance – March 5, 2019
- Token.Agency Kicks Off Blockchain, STO and Tokenomics Service in Europe and North America – February 27, 2019
- Mercedes-Benz Cars Develops Blockchain-Prototype for Sustainable Supply Chains – February 26, 2019
View All Articles