Blockchain, and the digitization of health data through this new decentralized technology, could be the ground breaking solution for empowering patients and giving them better access to healthcare.
This so called ‘tokenization’ of health data, currently analyzed by Swiss-based HIT Foundation, will give patients greater ownership over their data and enables them to mobilize and monetize it.
“Tokenizing health data could support universal basic income (UBI) and enable the 3.8 billion people, which according to WHO statistics, still lack access to basic Healthcare services,” said Elizabeth Chee, COO of HIT Foundation.
UBI is a model for providing all citizens of a country or other geographic area with a given sum of money, regardless of their income, resources or employment status. The purpose of the UBI is to prevent or reduce poverty and increase equality among citizens. Tokenization of health data could support UBI initiatives, as links between inequality and poor health outcomes have long been established.
Healthcare professionals and researchers from around the world are already exploring how tokenizing personal health information will transform healthcare for good from detecting mental health, monitoring senior citizen’s health to ensuring patient safety with prescribed medication.
- Health Data Tokenization could Transform the Future of Healthcare – October 12, 2018
- DNAtix And Biologix are launching a Pilot in Nigeria Aiming to Offer Advance Genetic Services – October 12, 2018
- Everest, and 1000 Alternatives, announce new partnership to accelerate blockchain innovation – October 11, 2018
- Hedge fund manager to disrupt traditional venture capital model with decentralized blockchain ecosystem – October 10, 2018
- First Non-Custodial, Community Owned Crypto Exchange launched by Trinkler Software – October 10, 2018
- Growing Popularity of Cryptos, Drives Surge in Next-Gen Financial Solutions – October 10, 2018
- Newly-designed ‘DECENT Wallet’ Stores Custom Tokens – October 10, 2018
- Belfius launches a mobility platform using blockchain technology for school children in Belgian Towns – October 9, 2018
- Medicalchain announced first global use of cryptocurrency to access healthcare services and store health data securely through blockchain – October 8, 2018
- Cannabis Accelerator Grow Tech Labs Partners with Launch Academy, Western Canada’s Leading Incubator – October 4, 2018
- The blockchain in Manufacturing Market expected to see heavy Growth due to Simplified Business Processes – October 4, 2018
- New Pet Tracker with NFC Digital ID System is launched by GTX – October 4, 2018
- Namibia investigating use of Blockchain for money remittance, investments and cross-border trading – October 4, 2018
- Bidooh launches ICO pre-sale with its revolutionary digital billboard platform – October 2, 2018
- Latest edition of Synacor’s global, Smart Contracts launched Showcasing Zimbra X Powered by EOSIO at Blockchain Live – October 2, 2018
- First brand to go live on FunFair’s blockchain casino platform is CasinoFair – September 26, 2018
- Open Beta Launched by CoinMetro Exchange – September 26, 2018
- A BRITISH ‘crypto-bike’ firm is launching cryptocurrency classes to help riders take advantage of the blockchain – September 25, 2018
- Type 2 Diabetes Epidemic in India Combated with use of Blockchain – September 25, 2018
- Asset Holders Reassured by NEM After Zaif Exchange Security Incident – September 25, 2018
View All Articles