MadLipz, a social entertainment app that allows users to easily express themselves using short-form video, announces that the integration of Kin cryptocurrency as a mechanism is now live in its mobile app. This is the result of a partnership with The Kin Foundation that was inked late last year.
MadLipz is part of a select group of design partners that the Kin Ecosystem squad works with to help develop user-centric in-app experiences.
Noa Kessler, Product Manager at Kin Ecosystem, said:
“We are really excited to partner with MadLipz because we see it as a perfect fit for the Kin Ecosystem. This is the first time that Kin has been integrated into the onboarding experience, making it an integral part of the app, that helps creators deepen their engagement with the community, and users to fairly reward creators for their favorite content.”
“Gamification is a natural next step in developing our social platform and encouraging content creation by empowering the creative members of our community,” says Amir Alikhanzadeh, Co-Founder and CEO of Madlipz. “With Kin, users can now show support to other users beyond simply giving likes and posting comments.”
MadLipz first launched as a creation tool in 2016. Social features were added in 2018. The app has 40 million users from over 100 countries, creating in over 80 languages. Videos created with the MadLipz app are called lipz and are limited to fifteen seconds. They are often funny and easy to share. Lipz have gone viral in the past and been shared on social media by well-known celebrities, such as Snoop Dogg and David Beckham. Sixty million lipz have been created in the app and approximately 200,000 lipz are created daily.
“This Kin partnership is only the beginning. Expect more partners to be announced,” the CEO ended.
In other news, Freewallet said in a recent blog post that it’s KIN-friendly now and has just announced full support for Kin coin (KIN), which has recently migrated to its own blockchain. Freewallet props up the Kin swap and adds the coin to its flagship wallet, Freewallet: Crypto Wallet, available on Android, iOS, and web.
Freewallet is one of three wallets that instantly supported Kin’s transition to its own blockchain, based on a special fork from Stellar’s network. After swapping their ERC20 token to a new coin, hodlers can easily deposit, store, and withdraw the new Kin coin within Freewallet.
Solomon Brown, Freewallet’s head of PR, stated:
“Kin is an example of the perfect development of the utility token. What started as an in-app tool to be exchanged for goods, stickers, and different services within the Kik ecosystem, has become an actual cryptocurrency after the launch of its own mainnet. We always aim high when it comes to supporting new cryptocurrencies. We were ahead of the game with the Tron swap last summer, and now we are one of the three wallets that instantly supported the Kin transition”.
- Kik’s Kin Cuts Deal with MadLipz and its 40m Short Form Video Creators – March 21, 2019
- Former Prime Minister of Denmark Joins Blockchain Identity Project Concordium as Strategic Advisor – March 20, 2019
- US National Pork Board and RIPE.IO Partner to Improve Sustainability, Quality, Traceability, Waste and Fraud in the Industry – March 20, 2019
- Sumner Global Launches $100M Securitized Token Offering (STO) in Middle East – March 20, 2019
- Editorial: The Rumours of ICOs’ Death Have Been Greatly Exaggerated – March 18, 2019
- French NCC Deploy IBM Blockchain For Commercial and Corporate Registries – March 15, 2019
- Bcause, To Launch Full-stack Cryptocurrency Ecosystem On Nasdaq – March 13, 2019
- SEC – Ethereum is Not a Security – March 13, 2019
- US Treasury Sanctions One of Russia’s Biggest Commercial Banks Over Backing of Venezuela’s Cryptocurrency, Petro – March 13, 2019
- Fetch.AI Solves ‘Blockchain Trilemma’ with Novel Approach to Reaching Consensus – March 13, 2019
- Boerse Stuttgart Group Cut Deal with solarisBank to Develop Crypto Trading Platform – March 12, 2019
- ECCU Plans to Issue World’s First Blockchain-Based Central Bank Digital Currency in the Caribbean – March 12, 2019
- Blockchain Video Company Linius Connects Prototype to Blockchain-Centric Video Player – March 12, 2019
- Emaar, One of the World’s Largest Property Companies, Plans Loyalty and Referral Token – March 11, 2019
- European Commission Offering 32 Blockchain Startups €200.000 Equity-Free Cash for Citizen Data Control Decentralised Solutions – March 11, 2019
- One of World’s Largest Asset Managers ($2.46 trillion) Fidelity, Launches Bitcoin Service – March 11, 2019
- eToro Officially Launches Crypto Trading Platform & Wallet in the U.S. – March 7, 2019
- Smilo Platform Launches Mainnet – Decentralized, GDPR compliant, Hybrid, Multipurpose – March 7, 2019
- New Research Released on Blockchain and EU Privacy Law Compliance – March 5, 2019
- Token.Agency Kicks Off Blockchain, STO and Tokenomics Service in Europe and North America – February 27, 2019
View All Articles