On March 4, 2019, Insolar is launching the Testnet 1.1 of its blockchain platform with the participation of external nodes in its network.
The Swiss technical University ETH Zurich and Toronto’s York University have already reserved their nodes, as well as several bluechip companies, will be participating.
Insolar is a global technology company building innovative public and private blockchain solutions on the Insolar blockchain platform: the most secure, flexible and scalable blockchain for business.
In January 2019, Insolar successfully launched its Testnet 1.0 with a throughput of over 10,000 transactions per second on 20 nodes. During Testnet 1.0, all the participating nodes were hosted internally by Insolar.
Since Insolar’s platform is linearly scalable, each new active network node added to the network allows for the platform’s speed to increase. This makes the speed at which the platform can perform practically unlimited. The significance is decisive: in earlier generations of blockchain transaction speed typically becomes slower when more nodes join the network.
With its unrivalled scalability, Insolar has set a valuable milestone for achieving widespread enterprise adoption of the blockchain, a technology which can revolutionize the way the world does business. Gartner predicts that in the near future, 20% of global economic infrastructure will be running on blockchain-based systems, which will add the colossal US $3.2 trillion in annual business value.
The launch of the Testnet 1.1 coincides with recent improvements in the performance of the Insolar platform. The fixes and enhancements have allowed the network throughput to increase to over 16,000 transactions per second on just 20 nodes. This makes it the most scalable blockchain platform for enterprise worldwide. As an example, Paypal can only handle 193 transactions per second.
Running a node during Insolar’s Testnet 1.1 is free and easy, while network participants can create accounts, generate transactions, and observe network capacity and throughput.
Insolar is building an open source, enterprise-grade blockchain platform that uses distributed trust to enable seamless interactions between companies and unlock new growth opportunities. Insolar’s 4th generation architecture, which blends the best of cloud, the blockchain, and distributed tech, creates cost efficiencies, opens new revenue streams, and powers transformative business models; it is secure, scalable, interoperable, affordable, and easily deployed. In addition to the platform, Insolar offers full-service blockchain consulting and product development to accelerate companies from proof-of-concept to production. Insolar is ranked #1 among blockchain projects worldwide in development activity, according to Cryptomiso. It is a global team of 60+ people in North America and Europe, including 45 full-time engineers, 10 leading blockchain academics from major institutions (York University, ETH Zurich, Princeton), and a founding team of serial tech entrepreneurs and enterprise veterans.
To learn more, visit: https://www.insolar.io.
- Token.Agency Kicks Off Blockchain, STO and Tokenomics Service in Europe and North America – February 27, 2019
- Mercedes-Benz Cars Develops Blockchain-Prototype for Sustainable Supply Chains – February 26, 2019
- Open Source, Enterprise-Grade Blockchain Platform Insolar Launches Testnet – February 26, 2019
- IPC to Provide ICE Crypto Feeds to over 6000 Capital Market Participants – February 26, 2019
- Fetch.AI raises $6m in Successful 22 Second Token Sale On Binance Launchpad – February 25, 2019
- Next Generation Public Blockchain IOST to Launch Mainnet with 150+ Global Partner Network – February 25, 2019
- Industry Experts Weigh in on Upcoming Ethereum Constantinople and St. Petersburg Forks – February 25, 2019
- Singapore’s Tribe Accelerator Cuts deal with ConsenSys to Advance Blockchain Ecosystem – February 25, 2019
- Report: The State of Stablecoins 2019 Hype vs. Reality in the Race for Stable, Global, Digital Money – February 21, 2019
- Securitize and OTCXN Team Up to Deliver Non-Custodial End-to-End Digital Security Offering Service – February 20, 2019
- US FDA Looks to Blockchain Technology to Secure Drug Supply Chain – February 15, 2019
- Nexo Lending to Offer Crypto-Backed Loans with Blockport Exchange – February 12, 2019
- Chainalysis Secures $30M Investment Led by Accel to Pave Way for Next Wave of Cryptocurrency Growth – February 12, 2019
- EUIPO Launches Forum on Using Blockchain for Counterfeiting – February 12, 2019
- Singapore’s NodeSwap Teams up with NY’s NODE40 – February 12, 2019
- New Release: Oracle Adds New Features to their Enterprise Blockchain – February 12, 2019
- Fetch.AI joins the IoT Alliance With Bosch, Cisco and Others to Accelerate IoT – February 7, 2019
- Dr. Bernard Lietaer – Monetary Visionary, Futurist, Author, RIP – February 5, 2019
- Fetch.AI To Launch Token Sale on Binance Launchpad to Build Intelligent Machine-to-Machine Economy – February 1, 2019
- Philippines Introduces New Rules for ICOs, STOs and Cryptocurrencies – January 31, 2019
View All Articles