PUBLIQ, a global non-profit peer-to-peer distributed network that was founded to rebuild trust in media, was selected finalist by the UK All Party Parliamentary Group (APPG) on Blockchain for its 2019 showcase of companies solving real-world problems with fully functioning Blockchain technology. Among the ten company and institution finalists, PUBLIQ was the only Blockchain application in the media category.
The UK media landscape has suffered ongoing newsroom retrenchment alongside the magnitude of the spread of fake news. According to a 2018 study by the National Union of Journalists, more than 200 local papers have closed in the UK in just over a decade, leaving 58 percent of the country without a daily or regional news source. In a study examining the UK’s most trusted news sources, only 25 percent of respondents said they totally or tend to trust sites like Facebook and Twitter, with less than half trusting online news and news magazines.
To combat those challenges, PUBLIQ created a global publishing platform that functions on proprietary Blockchain. It provides independent authors a decentralized environment for content publishing to earn money for their work, in addition to peer-reviewing content. PUBLIQ redistributes 100 percent of the advertising revenue to its members, and safeguards identities and IP rights of members, guaranteeing that usage of the content fairly benefits its creator.
“We are grateful to be recognized by APPG Blockchain as it offers the UK pragmatic solutions to challenges across industries, which the media landscape desperately needs,” said Dr. Christian de Vartavan, Advisor & Global Ambassador of PUBLIQ. “Our blockchain publishing platform is empowering journalists to work for fair earnings, without the middlemen, and ultimately provides transparency to the publishing process that hopefully will help deter the spread of fake news.”
APPG Blockchain was established in January 2018 to ensure the UK is a leader in blockchain technology innovation and implementation. The 2019 Showcase competition selected companies that demonstrate real use of Blockchain technology in society to combat business challenges and to show the benefits of its application.
- PUBLIQ Named Finalist by UK Parliamentary Group for Blockchain Application in Media Category – March 20, 2019
- FashionTV Leaps into the World of Blockchain by Partnering up with Decentralized E-commerce Platform WAAM – March 20, 2019
- Kudelski Security Announces Partnership with Hosho To Secure Blockchain Ecosystems – March 19, 2019
- Blockchain Goes Hollywood is Expected to Attract Blockchain and Crypto Experts, Investors and Celebrities to Epic multi-day Event – March 19, 2019
- Blockmason and Bitsonic Announce Token Generation Event for BLINK, Link’s Utility Token – March 15, 2019
- DX Exchange and Perlin Network Bring Tokenized Apple and Facebook Stocks to Empower a vast new Population of Retail Investors on the Blockchain – March 15, 2019
- Forte And Xpring create $100 Million Fund To stimulate Mainstream Use Of Blockchain In Games – March 13, 2019
- Private Jet Instant Booking Platform Announces Security Token Offering (STO) – March 12, 2019
- Samsung SDS is announcing its plans to innovate in various fields with Blockchain and Intelligent Process Automation – March 12, 2019
- The Fourth Global ICO / STO Report tells us ICOs are Growing Less, but Growing Up – March 11, 2019
- Zilliqa joins Student Organisation at King’s College London to Launch Blockchain A-Z Workshops – March 9, 2019
- Alfa-Bank and the Marco Polo Network join to Optimize Trade Finance with Blockchain technology – March 7, 2019
- Insolar Launches Testnet 1.1 making it the most Scalable Enterprise Blockchain Platform – March 6, 2019
- New Decentralized Social Network Platform Creary rewards Creatives and curators for sharing Digital Art – March 6, 2019
- Tide protocol launches Open Source Data Marketplace to Make Privacy Profitable – March 5, 2019
- Unbanked People Worldwide could Benefit from the Integration between Paxful and Bitmart Exchange – March 5, 2019
- Kepler Finance Releases Comprehensive Report On What Lies Ahead For the Security Token Market in 2019 – March 5, 2019
- Switcheo is Introducing its OTC Platform for Secure Peer-to-Peer Digital Token Trade – March 1, 2019
- Electroneum Launches Affordable Smartphone M1 Which Earns users Cryptocurrency Through App – February 25, 2019
- Nebulas could be the Future of Improving The Efficiency of Blockchain Upgrades – February 22, 2019
View All Articles