Share Mark Sensex, Nifty, Share Prices Highlights: Among sectoral indices, Nifty Private bank gained 2.37% while Nifty IT jumped 1.8%.
Domestic equity of markets is now sitting at levels last seen in March when the benchmark indices start to tank.
Share Market News Today | Sensex, Nifty, Share Prices Highlights:
- Domestic benchmark indices Sensex & Nifty after moving into red climbed back into the positive territory and closed with gains.
- S&P BSE Sensex ended 187 points or 051% higher at 36,674 points, while Nifty 50 settled just below the 10,800 marks.
- Bajaj Finance shares grew the most, up 7.8%, followed by IndusInd Bank and Bajaj Finserv. On the other hand, NTPC was down 2.7%, followed by ITC, PowerGrid, & Tata Steel.
- Nifty Private Bank gained the most among sectoral indices, surging 2.4%, increased by Nifty IT, up 1.85%.
- Nifty Bank, Nifty Financial Services, Nifty Media, Nifty Auto were among the other sectoral indices to end the day with gains.
While global macro conditions continue to improve, the Finance Ministry has asserted that “green shoots” have emerged in the domestic economy.
Total digital retail financial transactions via NPCI platforms rose sharply from Rs 6.71 lakh crore in April to Rs 9.65 lakh crore in May sign of revival in economic activity.
The report also highlighted the jump in petroleum products’ consumption and the increase in the total value of e-way bills.