Switcheo OTC — A platform paving the way for a trustless and secure trading experience, is pleased to announce it will be launching a new crypto-to-crypto over-the-counter trading platform, with its public beta coming up on March 4th.
Until now, the ability to securely execute peer-to-peer trades of digital tokens that Switcheo cannot form a market for, has been sorely lacking.
leveraging on existing trustless smart contracts on Ethereum and NEO, the new platform will allow users to execute peer-to-peer trades with zero counter-party risk.
“We saw an increasing demand for OTC services on NEO and Ethereum and we hope that this platform can help fulfill that need in a secure manner,” said Switcheo CEO Ivan Poon.
For all traders who want to try it out, the fees are kept low, with 0% fees in the first month for all OTC trades. After that, traders can opt to use SWTH tokens for discounts on fees.
Similar to the main exchange, Switcheo OTC is also a fully non-custodial platform that executes trades immediately and transparently. The tokens used in Switcheo OTC also draw from the same smart contract balance as the main Exchange, giving traders a frictionless experience.
Switcheo OTC will first launch with a limited set of tokens and be restricted to trading within individual blockchains. After their NEO V3 smart contract update, this offering will be expanded to all compatible ERC-20 and NEP-5 tokens, including those that are not on the main Switcheo order books. Finally, cross-chain OTC trades will be enabled following the launch of atomic swap capabilities.
The company hopes that Switcheo OTC will become a useful tool for cryptocurrency owners that need to execute large trades off the main order books or need to execute peer-to-peer trades of tokens that are not listed on Switcheo’s markets.
- Switcheo is Introducing its OTC Platform for Secure Peer-to-Peer Digital Token Trade – March 1, 2019
- Electroneum Launches Affordable Smartphone M1 Which Earns users Cryptocurrency Through App – February 25, 2019
- Nebulas could be the Future of Improving The Efficiency of Blockchain Upgrades – February 22, 2019
- ‘Decent’, a Documentary on how Blockchain can Change the World – February 22, 2019
- Blockchain in healthcare market is Expected to Reach $890.5 Million by 2023 due to Increasing Number of Partnerships and Collaborations – February 12, 2019
- Coinify Introduces myCoinify, a B2C service For Individual Traders – February 12, 2019
- Yosemite X has Announced the First Open Source Public Blockchain that Operates without a Native Cryptocurrency – February 8, 2019
- Global Investment Advisory Company says much more Stable STO might merge with, or Entirely Replace IPO – February 8, 2019
- The Chamber of Digital Commerce and Blockchain Association of Canada Join for a Stronger and more Coordinated Blockchain Ecosystem – February 6, 2019
- US Merchants can now Accept Crypytocurrency Payments from their Customers, With Fee Free Cryptocurrency Point of Sale Payment Ecosystem – February 6, 2019
- Former Last.fm’s founder shakes up user privacy access with new Slant on blockchain technology – January 31, 2019
- New Report by BlockchainDefender Links Lack of Trust in Cryptocurrency Industry to Dwindling Coin Prices – January 31, 2019
- VX Network introduces a new Crypto Based, Monopoly-Style Board Game called Crypto Marble – January 30, 2019
- China Ranked first in World of Blockchain and AI Patents Being Filed – USA Runner-up – January 24, 2019
- Block.one Releases EOSIO 1.6.0, Transaction Processing Speeds Could Increase up to 35% – January 24, 2019
- First Cannabis Validation Testing Program Reaches Markets to Create Much Needed Transparency – January 23, 2019
- Eurasian Resources Group is Piloting Blockchain Based Solution on the IBM Blockchain Platform – January 21, 2019
- Coinstar to Give Consumers a Convenient and Easy Way to Buy Bitcoin at Coinstar®Kiosks – January 18, 2019
- Tech Firm IBM and MineHub Join to Build Blockchain-Based Platform for More Efficient Metals & Mining Supply Chain Solution – January 17, 2019
- Former Director of Mobile for TripAdvisor and Viator Joins KeyoCoin Team to Help Build Intuitive Mobile Booking Platform – January 10, 2019
View All Articles